Is anyone going to go under before Barack can get to "main Street"

Seems the Dems are still spending money on AIG, banks and now Obama thinks it's a must that more money go to the Auto Companies. There is a new stimulus bill that will include lots of taxpayer money for roads and infrastructure construction. Lots of pork and I have heard 2 versions, with and without money for main street. Even with a check from the government are you going to be able to keep your head above water? Personally I am tired of the Governments idea of helping "main street"

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i know that as of right now we are going to lose everything. my husband is a truck driver that hauls the stuff that makes sheet rock. they have laid off many workers, but now they are only working three days a week. they have to take off a week for thanksgiving but, then go in for a mandatory meeting that they don't get paid for. and then they get two weeks off for Christmas. no work means no money no money means no place to live and no food on the table.
    on top of all of this we are drowning in medical bills because we cant afford health insurance and we have a baby that is living in the nicu. if you have ever had anyone in the hospital without insurance you know what i am talking about. so no we will go down with the ship.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What do you mean by go under??
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• umm ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Will my financial situations change before he is actually sworn in on Jan 20, 2009? Probably not. Quit being so bitter. He hasn't been sworn in yet..Believe it or not,

GEORGE BUSH IS STILL PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My 401K is still suffering, but that won't make me go "under'. Will my family's business that has enjoyed success for almost 30 years, continue with the new small business requirements? Oh no. I can see that it will be a gradual loss. When the company is required to give 7 days paid sick leave (not a bad concept, but should be used as a benefit, NOT requirement since the company does not have that kind of profit). Then, with mandatory health insurance, they will slip slide into either bankruptcy or non-existence. But first they will do a layoff of the men with less seniority (pushing more men back into the unemployment lines, food stamps, etc.), then when that isn't enough to continue the business, another layoff, till the business goes under. Man, this is the way to keep America prospering!! <---tongue in cheek

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The reason he thinks it's a must for money to go to the Auto industry is because they are largely unionized. The unions supported him in his candidacy (to the tune of $200 mil.) and now they are sending a clear message that he is to return the favor. A favor on top of the fact that Dems plan to pass the EFCA on top of a bailout. Can we say Special Interest? I wonder what sort of crap he will pull out of the hat for the people from CodePink. They sent a clear message the day after election as well, reminding him and the American public that they scratched his, now it's time to reciprocate. Telling people that you aren't controlled by special interests when you get to higher level politics is pure BS. They are ALL owned by someone.
    Anonymous

• I'll wait until all these "suppose" taxes and laws and mandatory stuff are passed then I'll judge. I know many exagerate everything and anything just because their candidate didn't win. I won't even come back to this question from the land of make believe.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Anon 12:14 .... touche' !! :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm with you, ny.chica!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

I'm with ya sista!!!

whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 12:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2008