Is it wrong to name one of your kids with a diffrent letter?

I have 2 girls their names are kaylee and kelsey and we are expecting our 3rd girl. My husband and I can not agree on a girls name that starts with a "K"! I was wondering what people would think about that?

KristenLee

Asked by KristenLee at 2:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Baby Names

• We are a family of 4. 3 of us have names that start with the same letter. 1 of our children does not. We picked according to like, not letter. It's just happenstance that my husband and I have names that start with the same letter.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• NO, I have 2 J and a M. I think it would be more wrong sticking kid with a name just because letters fit.My parents named us all J my parents told me they picked it because it was J name they did not hate--way to make me feel special(id rather be a odd letter with meaning then a letter just to fit in)
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Name your kid whatever you want! I doubt anyone is going to wonder or care why you didn't stay with the "K" thing. And it isn't yall's fault you can't agree, haha. =] Good luck!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Some bozo(s) will probably make fun of the acronym of 3 K's. I think you're fine either way.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Personally, I think naming ALL of your kids with the same letter is kinda corny. I know several families that have done that. Whatever, it's your kid, do what you want!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well we do have 3 K's in the house mine happens to be the 3rd one!
    KristenLee

Comment by KristenLee (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No, there's nothing wrong with that. I only have one child and her first initial is "S". Our next child's first initial will be an "O".

I know lots of people whose kids don't all have the same first initials. Like my mom's siblings, their initals are S, B, S, E and D. So no, there's nothing wrong with that and to be honest, I don't even think people would notice.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Often the third kid with the same letter will think that they are just a continuation. That you just went along with the plan in naming them Having a different letter would make them feel more individual and more unique.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Nope! I have a C, C, S-- (the 2 "C" names were by fluke- we liked the names, we were not trying to use only  "C" names).  My 3rd was NOT a "C" as my mom practically threatened me with bodily harm if I named my 3rd with a "C" or "K" name! (as C and C were too confusing and she did not need another C to twist the tongue).  I know a family of 14 that are all "R" names- mom, dad, their kids  and the 4 adopted kids had  their given names changed  to "R" names as well!  ---  personally I think that is stupid-- to have everyone with the same letter.  I think you should find a name that you both like, and not worry if it is a K  name or not.  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't see any reason why you would want all your kids' names to start with the same letter, unless you're trying to save money on monogrammed items.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011