what should I do?

whenever my close relative gets angry with me, she will block her e-mail account against me. this prevents my girls unable to keep in touch with their cousins. she says if i can't accept her husband then i can't accept her boys and her either. she says that's my prob not hers. how is it? That makes no sense to me. we are all individual people. she won't come to my home if her husband isn't welcomed. her husband has sent a volgur im that my kids could of read. the issue is between her husband and my husband not her nor I, right?. imo its not fair for any of our kids I do not block her account against our account. i keep it open for kids to kkep in contact. i don't see a prob with us not accepting her husband. we don't like him so why should he come to our home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I would keep a distance from her & not care at all if she blocked me or any one of my kids. I think you should let it go, it sounds like petty drama...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She is standing by her man, for good or ill. And it is her right to dictate who her children can and cannot see.

I know that if my husband was not welcome in a home, I would not feel welcome there either and would avoid it. Cousins or no.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sometimes you've got to just "suck it up" and be cordial when it comes to not liking a spouse of a close family member.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Honestly, if lets say my brother said my husband wasn't welcome in their home, needless to say my brother and I wouldn't be talking.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You made your choice, she gets to make her choice too.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• we did no harm to her boys.i don't see any reasons why she shouldn't let us all to talk/see her boys, kids aren't involved in our parent disagreements.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well, I suppose she is pissed and hurt that you all don't allow her husband in your house, so this is how she is going to punish you. Not saying it is right, but I'm pretty sure that is what her reasoning is.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She may look at her family as a whole package. If you want to take one or two of them, you have to take them all. How would you feel if they told you that your DH wasn't welcome in their home? I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but if you are willing to make a stand for something you believe in (you not wanting a vulgar BIL around your family), you also need to understand that they have the same right to make their own stand. I will agree though that it's sad that the cousins won't be able to see each other.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it doesn't bother my husband that they don't welcome him in their home; for insane reasons. they just like to hear honesty from anyone because the truth hurt them. they are just it denial about things but we saw and heard things ourselves as witnesses personally when incidents happen. they hate that people don't side with them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my girls can't always trust her kids to be nice to them . her boys bully my girls sometimes. she only make up excuses for her boys behaviors. she don't like it that my girls defend themselves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011