Kitty Missing...In my house

So I woke up this morning held my kitty for a bit then went back to bed.
I cant find her anywhere, I had all the doors to the bedrooms closed so she couldn't get far.
But I called for her and she isen't anywhere, I really don't think I let her out but I could be wrong, I guess I'll know tonight when it starts to get dark she comes to the door.
But could she be stuck somewhere, to where I can't hear her?

nowmommyof2

Asked by nowmommyof2 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pets

• My cat used to hide. Usually when we had guests over. I remember being outside crying calling him because he definitely was not in the house. I looked EVERYWHERE. Then in the morning, after everyone left, out he 'd come.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If it's a kitten yes, even cats can squeeze somewhere to hide and feel safe. She can be under or behind anything, buried in a pile of clothes. Just leave some food and water out and she will make an appearance some time today.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• leave out an opened can of Tuna. she'll find it...and if she is stuck, she will be meowing lots eventually, so keep your ears open. I know when my kitty was real small, he would find the stranges places to sleep. There were many times that i was worried about him. But, that can of tuna...works every time...they go NUTS for it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When I 'ktty-sat' my sister's cats she had 1 that would hide and I learned that if I shook the kitty treats bag he would come running. When I want to round up my own cats all I have to do is open the catfood container (they have dry food) and move the scoop in the dry food-- they hear that and come running thinking they are going to be fed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If my cat doesn't want to be found she won't be. I will get to the point where I think I know where all of her hiding places are and then she will find one more and it will freak me out for a few days. She's a pain in the butt but I don't know what I would do without her. I swear if she was a human I would hate her! lol
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've heard of cats somehow getting INSIDE a wall, so yeah, they can be hidden somewhere you definitely can't see. But I would check the perimeter of your place to be sure. The can of tuna idea sounds great. When I first got my cat home from the shelter I couldn't find her for hours, I eventually found her in a place I had already looked several times, so I think she was actually moving from one hiding spot to another as I searched, ever eluding me.
    whatthewhat

Answer by whatthewhat at 3:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My friens cat gets into the ceiling and stays there.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 4:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• How does she get in the ceiling?
    nowmommyof2

Comment by nowmommyof2 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Did you find her yet?! My cat has a weird hiding place in the kitchen between cabinets.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 8:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She might have found a hidden spot and gone to sleep, or maybe she just doesn't feel like answering you - yo know how independent cats are!

Have you tried putting food in her dish (loudly)? Or opening a can of tuna and walking around with it while calling her so she could smell it?

If she is trapped somewhere she would probably be crying for you.

Good luck - I hope you find her safe and sound soon!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011