Why is it ok for Christians to question other's faith and beliefs, but not ok for others to question theirs?

I find it ironic that Christians call themselves witnessing the word of god by asking as many judgemental questions as they can, but when others ask questions about Christian faith and beliefs they cry about how they are a target of hate, lol!

Questions I get asked DAILY: "Do you believe in the Lord thy GOD?", "Are you raising your children in the righteous ways of the Lord?" " Did you know God?" " You dont got to church?!" " Im a child of Godare you?" and so on and on and on...Oh and if I sport an afro and an ankh - Im assumed ungodly and the witnessing is inevitable!

Am I the only one that notices this? (The lady with the gifts came back and after she got offended, I had to ask)

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 2:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• You are not the only one. I have seen it too .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am a christian and it does not bother me at all if someone was to question my faith. I think it all depends on the person there are some that take it a little far but there are those type of people with every religion.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 2:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've never been asked what religion I am, so I'm sorry that's your experience. But you are generalizing all Christians. I'm definitely not like you're describing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It happens in all Faiths here on CM. It is not just Christianity. I am finding it amusing how everyone is getting so worked up when they are being treated as the Christians are on here.
    Anonymous

• Funny, no one ever asked me anything like that. Im Catholic/Christian, whatever you want to call it. I dont get offended when someone questions my faith because I have faith.

Answer by gemgem at 2:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Is it just the one lady asking you this every day, or several?

If it's mostly her, it sounds like you are being harrassed. I would not appreciate this continual questioning and would talk to my boss about it to find a resolution. It doesn't matter if she's talking to you about God or Avon. If you've told her no thanks time and again, she is harrassing you (and probably others).
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The Christians I know welcome questions about the BIble and their faith. So I am really not sure what you are referring to. And the questions you say you get asked DAILY - WHO asks this? Are they calling you, messaging you, talking to you in person on a daily basis? I have never heard about someone like that. IF you are referring to questions on CM or another site, I guess I am REALLY confused as to what the problem is. People can ask any question they want and you can choose to not look at it or not answer. If the CM Q & A section isn't what you are talking about, then ignore what I just said! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• THis happens at the Kroger I shop, but mostly at work (across the street from the kroger). We own the business so customers come in all the time and see our family (me, DH, and kids) and ask these questions! Its annoying! But then again I am in the Capital of Southern Christians.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can add "SOME" Christians, not every Christian has asked you that and the same question was asked awhile ago.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm Christian and people ask me about my faith all the time (mainly atheists) and I don't feel like I'm being attacked when they ask. I think it's natural to be curious about something like religion, but as a PP said, if you're being harassed by the same person after you've told her no then you should try to avoid that person.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011