Tips on Potty Training PLZ!!!

I have a 2 1/2 yr old little girl named Aimee. She has done okay with the whole potty training thing in the past(around April or so). Nowadays she is only doing it half way. She is really good about telling me she wants to go potty but when I get her on her potty chair she plays half the time. When she plays she shuffles her feet, scoots around on the seat, laughs, and most of all trys to play with herself. The other half she fidgets a little then goes (#1 only). She is acting like potty is a play thing. I don't know what to do other than try to explain to her that potty is not play and hope she gets it soon... Pull ups aren't cheap at all.. I would love to go back to diapers to help save some money but have been told that would really make her go backwards on the potty training thing. I am at my wits end with this and don't what to do.. Plz help me with some advice. Thanx in advance for all the help.......

Aimeesmommie

Asked by Aimeesmommie at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get rid of the pull ups and let her get wet/poopy a few times. Also try sitting a little basket beside the potty with a couple of books or small toys so that she plays appropriately instead of with herself, and offer a prize (chocolate chip, hersey's kiss, m & m) for every time that she goes in the potty...double the prize for poop, and no prize for just sitting.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Ditch the pull ups all together. once she pees and poops in her underwears a few times she will get it. they typically dont like the yucky feeling they get. in pull ups it gets absorb like a diaper. Try giving her a book to look at while she sits there that may help and reward her when she does go.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm having an issue with my son going #2. Other than that hes really good! He knows he has to go and tells me but when it comes down to going in the potty.... he wont! I have found that telling him if i have to put a pull-up on him he cant play with his toys. Pull-up are for babies. So he doesn't ask for them anymore! Every time he goes in the potty either 1 or 2 he gets a prize! and for going #2 we make a really big deal of it calling grandma the nanny and anyone else we can think of! Plus he gets a bigger prize! Lately hes been asking for a bike or Birthday cake with candles! LOL... Reading on the potty dose really help too! I hope this helps!
    J_Nickole

Answer by J_Nickole at 12:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008