regrets for doing the right thing

I am starting to regret my decision to stay with my SO during the past 10 years. Things are just stagnate and going though the motions (3 kids), SO not really interested in improving. Have tried to talk and basically got the answer that there is a lot going on and I'm not a priority. I'm getting older and wishing I had something better but now it is getting too late. I feel I did the right thing to stay, but I am feeling regret that chioce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• hugs

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry this is happening, but it's never too late to change. You can't change the past, but you can change the future. You made the decision that you thought was best at the time. So now make the decision that is best for this time. It sounds like nothing will change unless you make some changes. Only you know what you have to do. Good luck.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• group hug

rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Never too late to change ,but is there something you can do to satisfy yourself? I know you feel like you are going through the motions, but can you change the motions now?
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree with lucy its never too late to change. The only time that I would consider as too late is if you were dead.So its now or never,
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I know this may be easy to say but hard to do BUT never look back over your life and have regrets...if there's something (or someone) hindering you from being truely happy, then the best thing to do is to correct it. I'm not saying to leave your husband because I don't know the depth of your unhappiness but what I will encourage is for you to start looking at a brighter happier future for YOU!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No such thing as too late till you're in the grave. But you need to know just what you want. And understand the only one you can change is YOU.

You have to decide what that change should entail. School? Work? Volunteering? Meeting new people and trying new things?

Picture YOUR ideal you. Then start taking the steps toward that new you. Perhaps she's a gourmet cook? Look for classes. Perhaps she's helping solve a problem in her town? There are loads of volunteer organizations from church groups to secular ones... your chamber of commerce can hook you up.

Too late? Not at all. I'm 47 years old and have "started over" in my career a number of times in the past 25 years. In fact, I'm on my fourth "career change" in a decade!

Never too late as long as you're breathing!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011