diaper rash...

My daughter is 14 months old and has always had bad diaper rashes. It seems like they come and go often and last for about four days or so. The doctor has given us cream for them. We've changed diaper brands plenty of times so I don't believe she's allergic to any of them. Is it normal for her to be getting these a lot? Its been on and off since she's been born so I don't believe it has to do with any of the foods she eats either.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• some kids are just more prone to a diaper rash no matter what you do. My first son had a diaper rash all the time no matter how often you changed him or what you used to try and prevent it. Do you use diaper powder on her butt at every change? Do you let her air out once in a while? i know she might pee on your floor but its a good idea to let her just run naked a bit every day so she can truly air out. that seemed to help my son.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Hiya Samantha211385!
    I went through the same thing with my daughter. She is now 4 1/2. I tried everything too. These are the only things that seemed to help a little. Whenever she pees or poops. Soak her in the bath. Let her air dry. Nothing on my daughter seemed to help. But you can not always let them run around nekked. LOL If you do have to get her dressed, try A&D ointment. I did not discover this until she was just about done being potty trained, 3 1/2 yrs old. The A&D seems to make a good barrier on the skin. My Dr. could not find anthing that really worked. It drove me CrAzY!! You could also try some oatmeal bath that you could put in the water when you give her a lil soak after she goes. Even though my DD is completely potty trained now, she still gets some "diaper rash" on occation. A&D is applied and it is gone in about a day. Hope I helped you and your lil one out. Happy New Year!! Good Luck!! =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Aww Samantha... I know your pain. My DD would get some pretty bad diaper rashes too. I had every cream you could buy and I would just try a different cream at each changing. I used the oatmeal bath that ErinsMomma suggested and it was helpful. I used the Aveeno oatmeal bath. One thing that really helped my DD was watering down any juice she drank. If she had the straight juice, she would get a severe rash. I also could not give her pineapple or anything very acidic. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh, and I see that you've tried other diapers, but my DD developed a severe rash, almost like chemical burn when Pampers began advertising Dry Max. I switched to Huggies and never saw a burn like that again.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• a&d original is the best thing for rashes. it always cleared my daughters up even one time when she had a really bad yeast rash.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son got a yeast infection??? Doctor told me to watch acidic intake ,no citrus for a while and it helped.I never dreamed a baby boy could get that.I changed to huggies from pampers and had not near as many. Good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011