I have this weird pain in my back and chest....can you see if You have had this before

It feels like a pinched nerve in the mid-left of my back. It's really deep, almost as if it is behind my lung. I am also getting dull sharp pains in my chest to the front of my rib cage.

It hurts a bit worse if I breathe deep

Have you had this at all. I called an advice nurse and she's sending a message to the urgent care center to have me in today, which is kind of freaky

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• Lots of things it could be. Could be bronchitis. The rib dislocating would prob cause your movement to be restricted due to the pain, ie you can't sit straigh, bend over all the way, etc. If you have a cough as well, that could mean walking pneumonia. Could also be pluresy (sp) which is what it sounds like to me. Good luck and be sure to let us know.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I get that frequently, for me it's a rib out of place. Usually it works it's way back in by itself, or DH has to rub it, or I go to the chiropractor if it's too bad.
    Anonymous

• For a pain in the chest, I would call 911 and get quick medical help. I wouldn't wait. Better safe than sorry.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it could be a number of things. the worst thing that comes to mind is a blood clot. but it could be the pinched nerve you described, however im not sure if that would cause chest pain. i get chest pain every now and again due to high stress/anxiety levels. but they never go together with backpain. and i dont feel them when i breathe deeply.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• you could check out the symptom checker on WebMD.com, it's obviously not 100% accurate but it will bring up a list of problems associated with your symptoms and you can do your research from there and try to figure it out by the process of elimination. this is just to give you something to do til you see the doctor though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had something like that. It turned out to be Bronchitis. It was the fluid in my lungs causing the pan.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I checked symptom checker ::: Muscle Strain, Clot, Pericarditis, and more that I am reading

The Pericarditis sounds the most like how I am feeling. It's not lethal, but hurts like a !@#@!. But The nurse sent a message to urgent care and They will take at most 4 hours to get back to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Women tend to feel heart attacks in their upper middle back. Also a gall bladder attck can feel the same. I would say go to the doctor asap
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 3:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't know heart attacks could last so long??? I don't think I'm having a heart attack at all, I'd be in the ER for sure by now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011