How do you tell your parents?

How do you tell your parents that dont like your boyfriend, and that their last "baby" is pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just suck it up and do it. I always say if you think that they are going to react negatively cut them off and say it before they can. Like say: Mom and Dad, I have something to tell you. You might be disappointed and angry with me but I need you love and support right now because I'm pregnant. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 12:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You be honest.
    There is no way to sugar coat it.
    They will be shocked and possibly disappointed but they will get over it.
    They love you and they will love your baby.
    And they will hopefully tolerate your boyfriend more now that he is in the family permanently now, whether you are together or not.
    Be strong, good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I thought my family would freak out when I found out I was pregnant and to my surprise everyone was really excited. You just have to tell them and if they react in a negative way don't let it get to you. They will get used to it and be just fine! Good luck!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 12:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had to tell my mom first cause she is more understanding and then we told my dad together! They were disapointed at first, but now they're excited about the baby!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008