Did you cry

the 1st day your child went to Kindergarden? I know I will be a mess.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I cried so much! But I really broke down at my son's pre school graduation. I just about had a nervous break down. Next year my baby goes to kindergarten. I don't know how I will handle it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was happy they were going off to school. And then it dawned on me that they were in Kindergarten and I had these mixed emotions about it all. Of course, you adapt to having them around and then when they go off to school, it's another major adjustment all over again.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yep, all 5 times. I also cried when they graduated Kindergarten, graduated 5th grade, middle school and high school.

Answer by gemgem at 3:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I did the first time I had to leave her to go back to work she was only 3 months old
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't! I knew she was ready.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The first 2, no. Not with preschool either for the first 3. I did get teary on my baby's first day of preschool, we'll see how his first day of K goes in 2 years!
    Anonymous

• how could i cry? He was thrilled to go!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes. My son was crying and he made me cry. I knew I was going to be emotional. I didn't expect him to be emotional too. His first day of preschool was fine for him. I cried the whole drive home. His first week of kindergarten was not so good. After that everything was fine and he loved the rest of the year. He is in 1st grade now and loves school.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011