urgent answers please...has anyone heard of high blood pressure meds making their blood sugar go high..it's happening to me so I need to know if it has happened to others

kind informative answers please I'm already stressed out

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 3:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• My dad has high blood pressure and was recently diagnosed as a diabetic. Because of the hbpmedicine he was on, he had to switch to another one because of his diagnosis of diabetes. I would talk with your doctor about this and see if your medicine could be interfering.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah,when your a Diabetic ,those blood pressure pills can really mess up the Diabetes.Since being on them myself I have been called a pre-diabetic,the early signs of diabetes,but they don't call me a diabetic yet.I was on a host of bp pills and they all raised my blood sugar because I have hypoglycemia and when I would be having a really bad low blood sugar attack the blood tests would say my sugar was high!The doctors didn't know what to do I went to 4 doctors and they couldn't help me.I'm trying some new one out to see if they raise my blood sugar,I can tell the moment or so after I swallow it it'll give me a surge of energy, like food would.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011