She's going backwards..

Ugh...dd, who's 2 1/2, is starting to go backwards in potty training..she's been trained for months, always telling us when she needs to go, and never had an accident since she decided she was ready. The past couple of days, especially today, she's had accidents left and right..she'll say she needs to go and when we get to the bathroom say she doesn't need to..and it's a fight every time to try to get her to even sit on the potty. We've always praised her for going and tell her how proud we are..so today she's coloring and tells me she needs to potty and before I even stand up to take her (which was right after she said she needed to go) she was peeing..I know she recognizes the feeling that she needs to go wince she's done so well, and trained in literally 2 days. I don't understand where all this is coming from, why she's doing this now..we waited until she made the decision that she was ready, so it's not like we pushed her. Advice? She's very independent and has to do things when she's ready (so taking every __ minutes isn't exactly an option)..oh and we also have a potty in her room so it's not like Shea having to walk/run a long way to get to the potty if she needs to go badly.

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids can get very into what they are doing and when they realize they have to go. It is too late. Don't worry she will have times like this. Even though she knows the feeling. It can also at times be a sign of a UTI.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Honestly, if shes going more often then normal, and since she cant seem to hold it, it sounds like a uti like Raeann said. I would call her doctor in the morning, and have her checked out. Best of luck!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011