My Son has colic what can i do to sooth my poor baby? He is only 2mons old!!

ANYTHING!

mommy2b421

Asked by mommy2b421 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• omg my son had it i put him on enfamil nutramigen and i swear to you i had a different baby over night
    it cured him. i swear. it expensive as hell but worth every penny
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• First, make sure there is absolutely nothing wrong: pain, aches, etc. Then, I highly recommend you read this: http://www.colichelp.com/shop/happiestbabyontheblock.html

At two months old, some babies are having a harder time adjusting to the world.  And remember: crying is the only way they have to communicating with you.  Rock them, hold them, wear them.  Sometimes, in order for mommy to keep her sanity, it's ok to put the baby in a safe place and walk away for a minute or two.

But, read the article.  I'm sure you'll find helpful hints!  When my son was that age, running water seemed to be the only thing that relaxed him!

ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Go to get "the Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp. It's a lifesaver to a mom with a colicky baby. If you're breastfeeding, eliminate dairy, eggs, and soy from your diet today. There's a lot more, but there's just no way to get it in under 1000 words. PM me if you need to. My youngest had horrific colic, which (thank God) is a distant memory now.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 12:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Most babies don't really have colic, it usually because of something causing pain... reflux or a food intolerance. Talk to your pediatrician, maybe a new formula would work or if the baby is breastfed cutting something out of your diet (dairy) will help.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Like the first mum up there, my boy had terrible gas bubbles through his intestines and such, after a trip to the ER to figure out what was wrong with him. Adjusting from breast milk (I basically dried up) to formula. Put him on nutramigen, just got him weened off of it this week. It's expensive but you can get coupons from enfamil, because every few dollars helps! He is 13 weeks now. And if you are on WIC they will have to cover the nutramigen, you just have to go through the process....which I don't know what it is, because we aren't eligable, but I have plenty of friends and relatives who had their babies on nutramigen too.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I would go for walks with my son in a sling...sometimes it was just gas and after a half hour walk he would eventually bufp. The walk really helped soothe him though.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Wal-mart doesn't sell them anymore, but you can check Walgreens, and if you have an Akins or health food store around, you can get Colilc Tablets. They are Homeopthic little tables that help with Colic. Very helpful.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008