Do you make lasagna when the ingredients are basically on sale? When you're in the mood to?

Lately the ingredients being on sale is partly a good incentive to make something that everyone here is willing to eat.It's actually a meal that's good even reheated a day or two later as well.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I did it once when I was in the mood to and it was expensive!
    It would have been cheeper to get one already made, lol!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Both, If I see the ingredients on sale then I will get them and stock up, that way when I am in the mood, I will have most of the ingredients.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i made my own lasagna once and it turned out crappy :( so for that reason i buy them pre-made. i would love to get better at it though. one of my hubby's favorites is lasagna.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I make it when every I want. It is not that expensive to make in the first place. But hey to have the ingredients on sale is a plus.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I do not like the prepackaged lasagna. But it is the kind my husband prefers, so it is a waste of time and money for me to make it from scratch. It could be the world's best lasagna and my husband would still prefer the crap from the box.

So I don't make it very often. I mean like maybe 3 times in the 12 years we have been married.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I gave up making lasagna because I'm the only person in our house that likes it. It's a terrible waste around here. :(
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I only make it on big holidays like our anniversary or Christmas. It's definitely not on our monthly menu.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I always cook by what is onsale at the store and in season.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• well for us we have so much meat that it really isn't that expensive for us.. all I need is the noddles, ricotta and moz and a few cans of crushed tomatoes and we are in business.. and it feeds us all for several days.. sometimes 4-5 days. I make it when ever I get asked to make it by my fam.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I tweak it around what's on sale, and we always have the noodles or we just make our own.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2011