very gassy... HELP!

I restarted weight watchers after the holidays.. I remember the first month and a half I Was very gassy but my husband was traveling for a few months so I didn't really care. I've started it up again and my intake of fiber has gone up quite a bit (good filler) I'm excessively gassy this time and it stinks so I'm very self conscious. Is there anything I can do to lessen this? I don't want to stop weight watchers because it works very well for me. Are there foods I should avoid, medicine I can take (that is safe for nursing *FYI weight watchers allows me 10 extra points for nursing so the baby isn't lacking any calories or nutrients*) or will my body eventually get used to what I'm eating and stop producing so much gas?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Your body will eventually get used to it. In the meantime, if you feel one coming on, run out of the room if you're self-conscious about it. It never bothered me.
    Anonymous

• Can you take beano or something?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Beano maybe
    MsLegalBriefs

Answer by MsLegalBriefs at 5:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• for pregnancy I'm allowed to take gas-x so you should be able too also but you might want to ask your doc first. Also don't eat too fast b/c the more air you swallow the more gassy you will be. Some gassy trigger foods are: broccoli, beans, greasy foods, hard candies, artificial sugar, chewing gum, cabbage, and sometimes dairy esp if you are lactose intolerant.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• momoflilangel, I'll keep those foods in mind. I'll have to ask about gas-x because I know medicines that are safe during pregnancy aren't necessarily safe for breastfeeding (the placenta blocks more from the baby, whereas your milk doesn't have anything to help block certain chemicals) Thanks for the input all :)
    alinker

Comment by alinker (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think your body will get used to it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011