I heard we can sell DH's LEAVE back to the Government...???

Is there anything you can tell me about this?

PS.  DH has 35 days of Leave saved up as of today!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• It depends. Is he in the military? If so, then my husband did that when he was getting out. Basically, what he was able to do was get out of the Army on July 12th instead of August 12th (he had 30 days leave) and still get paid for that time. He know works for the county government and they did offer leave sell back but because of the budge they have not done that for the past two years.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes you can sell it. That's what my husband is doing. I have no idea how it works though
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I dont know if it is the same with each branch of the military but I know when you are getting out you can "sell" it back like the first person replied. I am not sure if it works the same when you are still in but just need to use it up.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We need the money...

smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Message me and info you need and I will email my husband and maybe have the response by tomorrow. What branch of the military is he in?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thanks. I just PM'ed you!

smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My husband said that you can only do it when you re-inlist or are getting out completely. He is in the air force..I know some things differ between branches.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If he is getting out, he can sell it. If he is reenlisting, he can sell X amount of days per reenlistment. I used to sell 15 at a time when I reenlisted.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes only if he is getting out of the military or sometimes reenlisting but it varies by branch.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011