For holiday parties, whe the kids get treat bags, who make those? teachers or parents?

who makes treat bags for preschool class

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Our school believes in healthy eating and doesn't allow "treat bags".

However, the kids do little crafts and take those home.

At the beginning of each school year the room parent along with guidelines from the PTA and suggestions from the teachers sends out a letter with the years calendared parties, activities, etc.  The room parent has a suggested donation amount (most people gladly pay it) and that money pays for all parties, party supplies, teachers bday gift, holiday gift, and end of the year gift.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh heck.... I posted thinking you were talking about elementary school.

Our pre-school didnt really do any parties that I can remember (too many years ago).

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When my kids were in preschool, it was usually parent volunteers.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids classes always had class mothers who organized the treats, parties, art projects, etc. for the given class. Unless, the people there have sent home notices that ask for volunteer parents to make it happen.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• In my kids' private preschool they don't generally have treat bags, but parents volunteer to bring cookies or juice boxes for parties. The owner usually provides special things for parties, but not treat bags. My older one was in a public preschool program, and parents volunteered to bring treat bags and bring snacks for parties; her teachers usually gave books to the children.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• From my experience it is sometimes the teacher, sometimes the parents, and sometimes both.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm sure it depends on the school. At my son's preschool, each parent could bring in a bag of treats/toys/whatever to share.
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 1:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011