For the SAHM! how do u keep up ur energy during the day??

my dd is 10 months old and i feel so run down by her nap time that i nap too but then im even more sleepy!! she only wakes once a night so im getting a lot of sleep. She is crawling/walking so she is into everything. we play on the floor most of the day! i drink a protein drink every morning with breakfast so i feel great until about 2pm then i crash! How do u ladies keep going during the day???

Thanks!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd look at the quantity and quality of your lunch, if you're crashing at 2. More protein would help, but more than that staying away from simple carbs --white flour, white rice, white bread (Wonder's 'pretending it's not white' bread counts because once the fiber has been milled down to the microscopic level, it's not whole wheat anymore), white pasta, anything sweetened (maybe including your protein shake, because without a lot of sugar they're pretty fantastically gross)...

It may also help to nap in the same room as the baby --your sleep cycles will entrain (become synchronized) and you'll find you wake up more fully and more naturally than if you're dragged out of a deep sleep by the waking baby.

Make sure you spend some active time (like an hour or 90 minutes) outside every day --walking, playing at a park, going to the store and back. There is something about being outdoors in the light, even on grey or cold days...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Coffee, lol!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have coffee, too, just 1/2 a cup to get me thru the afternoon/evening
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• lol i dont drink coffee! :-( i guess i should start! lol
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• so take a nap with her.... there is no harm in that and the cuddling is good for the soul.
    Anonymous

• I drink alot of coffee, protein drinks, or peanut butter it has protein, fruits, vitamins and whatever else might help. Also you might be getting too much sleep. If you get too much sleep you will feel more tired. Aim for 8 hours a night and no more during the day.

Answer by gemgem at 4:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sugar-free Red Bull :)
    MonkeyPeanut79

Answer by MonkeyPeanut79 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• caffeine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm a working mom, but until I became pregnant I drank energy drinks...now I just push through my day. It's hard to do seeing as how I'm a nursing assistant and am running around for 8hrs a day lifting heavy residents, but I make due.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011