Has anyone else gotten to the "I cant do this anymore" point in their pregnancy?

Ok while I know this is a stupid question, there is nothing anyone can do....you are pregnant till baby is ready to come.

But still, help me feel better....I am sooooooo ready for my girl to come. I am in pain and uncomfortable about 90% of the time!!!!!

Nothing serious...just normal pregnancy aches...but its like I cant take it anymore......but nothing I can do about it...

Just stuck here in limbo....Happy baby girl is safe and growing, but ready to be done. ( I am 35 weeks by the way)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think everyone gets that way the last couple months of their pregnancies. 5 more weeks mama and you'll be holding a beautiful girl, not much longer and CONGRATS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I got that way as soon as my due date hit. My son came 2 days later. But for the 16hours of intense back labor I couldn't do it anymore, and it was soon over so I had my way. LOL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes, you are not alone in this thinking. The third trimester was the hardest for me since the baby is growing at an enormous rate and was pushing up against my rib cage till it was extremely painful. I found taking warm baths would alleviate some of the pain sometimes and it was quite relaxing as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I got there when I went overdue with my first and felt like I was going to explode if I gained another ounce. With my second, also overdue, I was fine until the false labor contractions hit. They weren't even Braxton Hicks anymore but up to two hours of contractions that felt like the real deal until they would stop suddenly. I understand exactly what you mean.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I never felt that way with my first pregnancy, but I did with my twins. The last couple of weeks with them even breathing was a chore.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes everyone gets there especially in the last month, you can't sleep can't move fast enough I wanted to sleep on my stomach so bad and the time seemed to go by so slowly but you will forget all about it when you see that pretty little face looking at you with awe
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Most people get to that point about something outside their control at some point in life. Now is a watershed moment for your personal growth --you have a choice, that is, about how you will handle all the coming 'out of your control' moments (and there will be a great many) in your life.

Will you graciously accept that there are situations, events and experiences that are not up to you, and won't start being up to you because it would be more pleasant or convenient or cheaper or anything?

Or will you brat it up, rage at people who have no more control than you, take it out on yourself in self-destructive behaviour or come completely unglued?

Because the choice of how you experience those moments is all you have control over --will you be enraged, stirred up, frustrated out of your mind, or...

not.

The other option is to accept your situation, and let it be. Move on. Think of something else. Focus on what you can affect.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• heck yes.I gained 65 pounds.Ankles swelled.Back hurt.And I told my husband that would be the last baby from me.My previous pregs were much more healthier and didn't have any problems. but I wouldn't give him up for anything.He is my guy.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• gou18!!! I cant wait to see her face!!!!

You hit the nail on the head about sleeping and not moving fast...every move I make is a huge chore and with two kids asking for something every 10 minutes....it is exhausting.

Thankful my oldest is so mature he can help so much! He is 7 :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• This part is just prepping you for the first few weeks of being a mommy...sleepless nights and sittling in uncomfortable positions for hours just so s/he'll sleep. Once you see that beautiful face you won't remember any of it. Get a massage or take warm baths to help. A small glass of wine can help you, too.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011