Can the bank take my car if i miss one payment? I have no income, and was just told by dss it would be another month before they decide if i get asst. Cant pay my bills.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• It will take more than 1 payment but 2 or 3 and it could be repossed.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes they can. Before you miss the payment call and see if you can work something out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• call your bank and let them know your sitsuation they may be able to help you but if you miss the second payment then yes they will take your car the sooner you talk to them the better.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I doubt they would take it for missing one payment, but all banks are different. Call them and explain your situation to them.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can call the bank that owns your car title and ask to tack this months payment to the end of your loan. The bank can take your car after missing just one payment in TX! Check your state laws.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• can they? yes..but normally won't for one missed payment. Call them to let them know what is going on, a lot of the time they would rather work it out with you than take it.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it has to be 90 days late before they attempt to repossess it, they will give u plenty of notice tho
    tishmomof2

Answer by tishmomof2 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It depends on the bank but some banks will repo if youre late a week. So yes they can.

Answer by gemgem at 4:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can contact them and work something out my ex call them and got an extension for 90 days they told him that they are going just to move the payment dates so it would seem that instead of paying in 18 months he is going to pay in 24. I think that for them is more expenses if they repoed and then try to sell it, than work whith you in a payment plan
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you know you can't make the payment you should call the bank before the due date and tell them. I would also let them know your situation and see if they can work with you on the payments.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011