What is your peeve question regarding religion?

What question do you hate seeing asked in this section or the R&B section?

Mine is Pascal's Wager type questions. You know the whole "what if you're wrong". It bothers me mostly because it is asked so often and it gets tiresome to repeat the same thing over and over on a regular basis(at least once every couple of weeks.) Not to mention the whole basis of Pascal's Wager is fundamentally flawed.

KristiS11384

Asked by KristiS11384 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I hate the whole "Well, have toy ever TRIED (such and such religion)?" It implies that if one only TRIED to be the same (religion, sexuality, etc.) as the asker, then your life would be SO much easier, simpler, and NORMAL.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Really, CafeMom is not the place to look for religious/spiritual advice.

Then why are you even reading questions in the religious debate section, let alone answering them?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The Muslim and gay bashing ones, though they are far more common in P&CE than in R&B/RD, they often get cross-over when they're recategorized.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I dont like any question or statement that includes the word "ALL"- b/c I feel that generalized stereotypes are so harmful to a true open discussion. And esp. in a religion debate- I believe the judgment should be left to whatever supreme being you believe in.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• As a Christian, mine are "did you know *insert holiday of your choice here* is a rip-off of a pagan holiday? Ok, I'm sorry if it is. I wasn't around then, I didn't make up the holiday dates, and I didn't "rip" anything off anyone. I just celebrate the holidays as they fall on the calendar. The other ones that get me are the ones that ask about every last little teensy-weensy detail about God. There are some things we just aren't meant to know about Him,and that's just fine with me. If we are meant to know, He will reveal it to us, or tell us when we get to Heaven. If not, then we weren't meant to in the first place, and I don't really care.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The ones that aren't questions. There's a lot of posts that just praise God or highlight certain biblical passages. Okay, we get it. You're happy with your beliefs. But what was the question??
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree w/ NP on the Muslim and gay bashing ones--or ones that are clearly meant to be bashing others in general. Ones that are obviously generalizations where they made no attempt to understand different perspectives at all.

Ones that question WHY people ask questions about religion when this is a QUESTION and ANSWER forum. We're supposed to ask questions here, and no one is forced to be interested in the same subjects we're interested in. I can get a lot more VARIED responses to my questions here (and just throw it out there for anyone who's interested in answering it) rather than badgering my family or friends for answers. If you want to learn about anything, you need to ask questions. I do understand that occasionally they appear to be more for bashing, but I have NEVER approached Religious Debate with the attitude that either I win or THEY win. I'm just interested in sharing ideas and hearing others' thoughts.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Not so much a peeve question but more of a peeve attitude. It's a certain arrogance presented by several. I definitely get tired of hearing that since we aren't Christians we don't believe in anything and YES, that attitude comes from certain Christians! 

Of course I do have to agree with this: 

The ones that aren't questions. There's a lot of posts that just praise God or highlight certain biblical passages. Okay, we get it. You're happy with your beliefs. But what was the question?? Answer by anng.atlanta

Yeah, that gets annoying too. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The ones posted by a certain few people who have made it their mission in life apparently, to trash Christians and Christianity and be nasty to everyone who dares to disagree that we are not a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking, snake-handling cult members.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The questions about 2012, or "is this a sign for the END?"
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011