Looking for recipes using frozen meatballs

Besides the normal meatballs and spaghetti what else can I do with the large frozen bag I have left over from the holidays?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 4:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• swedish meatballs, Meatball subs, Meatball suprise- wrap it in biscuit dough like a "stuffed hamburger" saute with peppers and onions and roll in a tortilla, Meatballs Stroganoff in sourcream and mushroom gravy over noodles. Meatballs Marsala, meatball omelet,
    meatball Taco's, , Meatball soup.......
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I add the frzn meatballs, a bag of frozen sliced peppers, a can of diced pineapples with the juice and a bottle of sweet and sour sauce and let it simmer on the stove while I make brown rice and then top the rice with the meatballs or you could make a meatball sub, simmer the meatballs in your favorite marinara, top with mozzerella
    simmer them in your fave bbq sauce as an appetizer
    thats what i do with them
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• cover them in BBQ and bake for an hour
    cevyn

Answer by cevyn at 4:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• crockpot- with a bottle of barbecue sauce or sweet and sour sauce

Answer by Bmat at 4:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Simmer them in pasta sauce or marinara and then stuff them hollowed out sub rolls, alternating with mozzarella cheese/parm cheese. Bake until the bread is toasted and you have meatball subs.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My family loves a casserole I make with frozen meatballs. It's based on the classic green bean casserole recipe; but instead of green beans, I use broccoli tops and meatballs.

My teenage son also loves just heating the meatballs in BBQ sauce. A quick and easy snack for him.

My mom used them as an appetizer by heating them in fruit jam (usually apricot) with a little hot sauce. The two make a sweet & hot sauce that thickens nicely. She would simmer and serve them in a heated tray with little cocktail picks near by.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You could break them up and put them on a pizza. Additionally you could use them in meatball parmesian heros with sauce and mozzarella chese on top.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• crockpot-put cranberry sauce in the crockpot, chili sauce in crockpot, and add meatballs. Let cook all day and serve with veggies. Awesome meal!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• meatball sub, get large dinner rolls, one for each person, open up the bread on top and dig out bread and leave a shell and put in the meatballs with sauce and Mozarella cheese on top. Heat at 400 for about 15min.
    I will heat up the meatballs first in the microwave.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011