Dark nail polish?

I love the look of the dark purple almost black nail polish that's popular now on SHORT nails but I'm pretty pale. Would it just look goth on me?

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• No, I think it looks best on fair skinned women.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It might be too much yea unfortunately there are so many beautiful color nail polishes but complections sometimes don't mix.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you pair it with the right outfit, no, it won't look goth.

There's nothing wrong with looking goth in the first place xD I kid.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• No go for it. Dont be worried. I even wear black and am not goth. You may be very aware of it at 1st but then you wont even think twice of the darker colors. Just wear what you like!!!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I love it on anyone! I see it all over the place too. I don't think it matters how dark or light you are or your age or anything, I see all women wearing it. I think the only requirement is to have short nails. That's it. I have black and dark brown myself and I love them!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• No! I just got mine done this way over the weekend. I love it. I am very fair skinned.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I wear it and I don't look goth and I practically glow in the dark I am so white. The only thing that sucks is that dark purple and black nail polish is a major pain to remove no matter what brand you use. Almost stains your nails and soaks into them. Not fun when you want to take it off.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• not really, no. u just have to wear the right nail polish.
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• if your nails are in good shape, and your hands are too, the dark colors can be very pretty. it's when the hands are not feminine looking and the polish is chipped and poorly painted that it looks bad.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 7:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• an awesome thing happens when you want to try something new!You can wear any color nail polish and feel great !try to build a whole new look around your dark polish by adding some low kwy jewelry,light shimmer eyeshadows,and do not worry about your fair skin!
    mam1224

Answer by mam1224 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008