Pubic bone pain before having baby....Anyone have this?

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and the last few days I have been getting sharp pains on my pubic bone...But today they are really bad, ever since I woke up this morning. It almost feels bruised like someone punched it or something. I was just wondering if anyone got the same thing before they had their baby and how soon after the pain started did you have your baby? Let me know, thanks!! :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it's pretty normal for late pregnancy. Hopefully you won't be in pain too long.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Normal, babys probably pinching a nerve or something.
    If it feels like pressure, than you might be starting labor.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had that as well. I thought my bone was fractured it hurt so bad but its normal and goes away
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i had the same problem with both my kids but they were big babies, one was born at 37 weeks the other at 36 GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Perfectly normal. It's referred to as Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction. The weight of baby with already loosened ligaments in your pubic bone can cause those pains. Getting regular exercise during pregnancy and regular chiropractic adjustments and a nice warm soak in the tub nightly helps a LOT. I had it with my 3rd baby and was miserable and could barely move by the end. My 4th pregnancy rolled around and I was feeling it at 12 weeks. I researched online and discovered what it was and how to treat it after the dr with my last child did nothing to even try to help me with it or give me advice. The chiro and at least 20 minutes of walking daily had me active my entire pregnancy. I was 41 weeks and doing all the grocery shopping for the house and putting everything away 5 hours before she was born.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 5:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am 26 weeks and am having the same problem .... I never had it with my first 2 though. My doctor says its normal.... atleast you are almost done :) I still have a few months of this pain :(
    Sommer81

Answer by Sommer81 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mine started at about 16 weeks. My friends and I *jokingly* refer to it as "broken crotch syndrome" from what I understand your hormones loosen the ligament and pelvic bone to prep for birth. Mine just got the signal WAY early. Lots of soaks and exercise helps considerably good luck
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had that. My dr said my son was pressing on my pubic bones and that what caused the pain.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011