Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

dad adult content

my dad has been gone all my life and what little i did see of him he was a drunken asshole! well he found my # some how last Feb, and started a bunch of trouble of the phone because i wouldnt drop my life and go see him and answer his every phone call so i told him not to call back. i get home today and he is calling again im not sure how to handle this. He has been gone 21 years and all of the sudden he wants something to do with me, but i worked hard to block him out of my life because of the trouble he causes.he wants nothing to do with my kids, hes never met my husband but hates him because he called the dog a bitch, hes only in contact with me to find my mom which i have also cut ties to due to drugs or to try and get money or a place to live. hes one of those people that rather stay in jail than get a job and find a place to live and pay bills. hes just bad news all the way around.

how do i get him to go away and leave me alone with out starting major fights?

Answer Question

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 5:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

Level 9 (355 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Have you told him to stop calling you? If so,
    Change your number or call the police for harassment.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Just be honest and let him know that you are not comfortable with him calling. Tell him that you no longer speak to your mom and hes gonna have to find some other way to find her. If you have to then Id change your number. GL

    Answer by Steph319 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Change your number.. If they both cant stay sober enough to respect you and your family and he doesnt want to know you or his grandchildren and is only trying to hurt you its for the best.. i havent dealt with this but i believe you had done the right thing by cutting ties.. goodluck and stay strong

    Answer by momof241988 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Change your number. Good Luck!

    Answer by hotrodlassie at 5:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Change your number. If he finds your new number, get a restraining order.

    Answer by neebug3766 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • If he lives in your town I'd tell him to stop calling or you will get a restraining order. You can always block his calls.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • exactly what you are doing which is keeping your sanity keep positive and love your kids because you are all that they need .

    Answer by poorrosie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Tell him to stay out of your life and if he contacts you again then you will call the police and have him arrested for harassment. Then get a restraining order on him.

    Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Why don't you talk to him and if you still can't stand him, let him know why. GL

    Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • How about changing your number??

    Answer by _Tam_ at 1:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.