Did you have your membrians stripped....Did it work?

How long after the doctor did it did you go into labor and deliver your baby? It worked for me with my first and she came shortly after. I'm curious to know how it worked for other people. Let me know, Thanks :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Had it done twice with the last two. First time I started with early labor around 4pm and had it done around 10am. I got to the hospital but turned out my sons heartbeat was dropping with every contraction so they had to pop my water and help it along more. With my last they did it the night before my scheduled induction but nothing happened.

Answer by gemgem at 5:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes. It worked for my daughter but not for my son
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i did with my second and it did not work.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• with my son i went in and had that done and that night around 2 am i went into labor my son was born around 2 pm the next day. so i think it works,
    mandiirae

Answer by mandiirae at 5:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I did with my second baby. Had my membranes stripped at 9 am. Was at the hospital in full blown labor by 3 pm that afternoon.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My water broke 2 days later.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 5:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't work for me. I had mine stripped at my last appt on Monday induced on Thursday and my dd came out just shy of 2am on Friday.
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had it done with both of my kids MULTIPLE times (trying to avoid an induction for high blood pressure) and it NEVER worked.
    Anonymous