Knitters/Crocheters - How big is your yarn stash?

I found some pretty yarns on sale...I didn't need them, but they're mine now!

knitting

(Is she sewing with one knitting needle?)  :-D

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 5:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Mine has actually dwindled down since all my crocheting for the holiday gifts this year. I need to find that yarn you got on sale!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have to much and need to get rid of all my little ones. So I am going to make wash cloths.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Large!

I have two large tubs of yarn I have stashed away for adult projects. I mostly work on baby items, so my office has a big collection of baby yarns I keep in baskets. I've committed myself to not buying yarn more than once a quarter so I'll use what I've got.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL @ the sweetpea!

I don't have any yarn that isn't assigned to a project. That said, I have 5 one-skein projects and 2 two-skein projects that I've started, but haven't finished! So, I guess that's 9 skeins of yarn in various places around the house.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 5:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have soft cuddly yarn for babies and haven't finished due to tendeitious
    yuna_63

Answer by yuna_63 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have a basket and a back pack full right now. I just ran out of white though and I need it tonight!
    Zombiatarian

Answer by Zombiatarian at 5:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 1 tote, 2 overflowing baskets, and random "current project yarn all over.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 5:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have one King-size comforter bag full. I've been trying to use it up by making hats for a local homeless shelter.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have a 45 gallon tub that is filled with yarn (the kids use it as a bench for our breakfast bar since we don't have stools, lol). I also have a pretty basket that I keep my left over balls in and then I use them when I do scrap projects. I'm going to have to find a new place to keep it until I can teach the baby to stay out of it. He's just learning to crawl and already my 10yo had to pull him away from it. Luckily, so far he's more interested in the DVDs on the shelves under the TV.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Mine is HUUUUGE !!!!

My MIL got me a chair sized box of yarn for christmas lol. Enough bright red mohair for a top for me... enough dark green wool for a nice jumper... some gorgeous dark purple wool thin enough for a shawl, and many many more bags.
    I love my MIL.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011