Is it hard for you to get motivated?

I have a 4 month dd and I have the hardest time getting that extra energy to get up and clean the house. It is so hard for me to get motivated to clean my house.  Even when my dd sleeps, I don't want to clean.   I usually clean last minute, does anybody else do this?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 5:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm right there with you. What motivates me is when someone is coming over, funny smell, or I can no longer see what color carpet have lol. Okay it never gets that bad.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didnt get the motivation until my son was about 2-1/2
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• sometimes. my house is never spotless. there is always something somewhere that needs cleaning. the few times ive dedicated my whole day to getting the whole house clean, it was dirty the next. so now i just go room to room or whatever needs to be done. but today im sick so nothing's getting done.. lol. usually my motivation comes when i know people are coming over or i go out for a little bit like to the grocery store.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It may be that you're not motivated because the work doesn't matter to your goals and values... you could do something about that, if you felt like it, but first you'd have to see it as important.

I find I'm easily motivated to do what I strongly believe in... and not so much for those things I'm 'supposed' to believe in...

You may like to take a peek at Flylady.com... she's got some great tips, although they do tend to be a bit smarmy and covered with her religious faith. If you agree with her, or ignore it, there's lots of value there...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011