A good way to celebrate my son's 7th birthday!

My son's birthday is coming up, and i want to know if you guys have any ideas of a fun birthday place or a fun way to celebrate, with in a budget!

Actress-mom81

Asked by Actress-mom81 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What are your son's interests? Have you asked him what he wants to do? Maybe invite a few friends for a movie, putt-putt, spend the night, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We have a COSI near us that is free to residents on the weekends (for the kids- parents pay) We took them last year for my dau's B-day, then went to McD's where they have a playground. I got them good & worn out before coming back to my house! (You could also do bowling or Chucky Cheese- they have coupons in the paper- or their website all the time.) Have fun!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My first two kids are 2 yrs/2weeks apart so I had to find a way to have a combined b-day party on a budget when they were young. We set up a mini carnival at our home, utilizing the driveway, front yeard, back yard AND inside. We separated the guests into groups and gave each group a badge with a character on it. I enlisted all my friends into helping so each activity/booth had at least one person manning it. It was near Halloween, but you can adapt it for any time of year. We had every game from fishing to face painting booth to a craft station & cupcake decorating table. The games cost hardly a thing in supplies and then we had home-made goody bags and cake with capri-suns. Very cost effective. If you need more info on the stations/games/etc. just give me a shout!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• He loves Trains especially Thomas! He really wanted to have it at the indoor swimming place, but i know ppl are not going to want to bring their kids when it's so cold. I like the carnival idea, we live in an apartment but have a patio and big space for kids to play, maybe a jumper???? Thanks everyone!
    Actress-mom81

Comment by Actress-mom81 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011