Has anyone had labor start as just back pain?

I am in pain...with my back....starts under my shoulder blades and goes all the way down...nothing will help it at all...

almost in tears.....

Could this be labor starting? Even labor being a few days away?

It is so intense!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had back labor and it was so worse then front labor. If it's unbearable I would get your botty down to L&D. Its better safe then sorry.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i had back labor with my dd, i just though my back was hurting until my ob told me i was in labor, unlike pp my front labor was horrible....gl call your ob we can't really answer you on here b/c we don't know your history :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• With back labor, you will experience your uterus tightening with the pain. When the pain begins, feel your stomach, if it is hardening, then you may be experiencing back labor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i had 15 of back labor (until having a c-sec), but unlike what you are describing, it did not start at the shoulder blades, but was all lower back. With my back labor I didn't feel my uterus tightening to the touch at all
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Actually I had it days before I actually went into full labor.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had back labor for a couple of days first, but it was all in my lower back. Try lying on your side for a while, that is what got the pain out of my back.
    tallamanda

Answer by tallamanda at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My MIL had back labor and though it was just her back hurting. Almost delivered at home!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011