decisions decisions...

well say you like the kids but hate the parents of playdates. do u keep hanging around them?

or say u like the parents but hate the kid of the playdate.

should u soldier through it of just cut ur loses?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 5:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Shoulder through it. Its for my kids. If they are enjoying their time and the kids I will suck it up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yep. Shoulder through it unless the other kids or parents are exhibiting bad behavior toward you or your children. Otherwise, find other kids for your children to play with.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I keep on keepin on, for my kids' sakes- but if it's the parents I dont like, I usually arrange for them to play at our house. I havent had any kids I didnt like or couldnt handle so far. (Thank God!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• if all the kids like each other I would just have to deal with the parents. But if my kids did not like their kids. I would stop the playdates.

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If my kids are enjoying and liking the kids and the kids aren't a bad influence, I would keep doing it.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 5:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Are you SURE you hate ? hate anyone/ parents or kids? That doesn't sound good.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had to end one of my daughter's friendships (the kids were 2 and 3). The mother was one of the worst people I've ever met- vicious liar, thief, drank and drove with her kid in the car, left the kid alone while she went out on desperation-dates with any guy who would share a room with her, forgot to feed her kid all day and made it up with a huge mcdonalds dinner, etc. I didn't want her anywhere near me or my kid. When I told her we couldn't spend time together anymore, she went on facebook and posted comments saying "uggly fatso!" on all of my toddler's pictures. This is a 21 year old woman insulting a 2 year old online. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Shoulder through. It is hard. I know. Try dealing with preschool parents.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why is everyone saying "shoulder through"??? The phrase is "soldier through". And I agree, if my son has fun, and isn't in danger or being exposed to bad influences, then I'll just bite my lip and deal with it.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 9:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

Answer by debbymichelle 7 minutes ago

-----------------------
    Exacty! I agree with everything,including the "soldier through" part. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011