Degrassi and Teen Nick

I understand this channel is Teen Nick, but my kids like Zoe and Drake and Josh and some other shows on there. The entire time they have it on this channel all they show are commercials for Degrassi and that show is not for kids and neither are the commercials. Have you seen them and do you think it's right to show them all the time or am I wrong for letting my kids watch this channel?

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 5:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Degrassi is for older children without a doubt. If you don't mind your younger children being exposed to teen issues which are previewed in the coming attractions in the commercials themselves. You are right, there aren't as many other commercials that air on that channel in between episodes though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I LOOOOVE Degrassi..I have been watching it since it started and I have seen the ones from the 80s also...Teen nick is meant for TEENS..i mean it is KINDA stated in the title lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Degrassi is a teen show so teen nick is an appropriate forum.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree. My kids watch it so they can watch shows that are appropriate for younger audiences. But during the commercials they are exposed to Degrassi. My oldest is 12 and I told her it will still be a few years before I let he watch it. And even though she will be 13 soon she will not be watching Degrassi or some of the other new shows they have coming on soon.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011