• In the Spotlight:

Anyone ever been sued by Capital One?

Hey ladies... I got a credit card through capital one...i had moved and never got my bill, they sent it into collections...called me.. I attempted to pay it w/ a money order and they refused it. i didn't have a checking account nor anything else.. So please let me know what happened w/ the court date and everything? i'm scared...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• Never getting your bill is not an excuse to not pay, you knew you had it and they had the right to refuse the payment. I don't know what's going to happen, but when it goes to court and if they rule in their favor your pay may be garnished.
    Anonymous

• do you still have the stub from the money order or did they send it back to you i would take that with you if they want their money so damn bad why would they refuse your payment i would take some kind of record showing that you tried to pay them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree with the second answer. They can refuse but if they take you to court and you show you tried to pay then they will most likely have to accept the payment the second time around. Yet you should have updated your information after moving. I hope thigs go well but you did try to pay so you should be fine its not like you were rude and refused to pay what you charged.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 1:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you call their lawyer and tell them that you want to settle out of court, they will let you pay less than you owe(you have to ask them to lower the amount,they will do it) and then you can avoid going to court. Both my brother and I went through the same thing with Capital One and that is what we both did.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 3:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

I had asked them for the address to send a money order...i had not yet purchased it... and they told me they Would NOt accept it... i had to go find someone to get a post dated check.. i didn't have my checking account anymore... No one i know has a checking account that would write out a check for me..so i dunno!
    Anonymous