How should I handle MIL

So...brief...for X'mas MMIL wanted a double roped, yellow gold bracelet. Fine. She found one at BJ's, and is telling me about it. It's $350 bucks. So, I go, find something close...it's dope roped, yellow gold bracelet, only not as thick as the one on BJ's. Today I get this email, subject line "Bracelet"

"Hi to you both,
Just wanted to let you know that still have the box and tghe paperwork
that was in it and I'm going to call and find out what I have to
do to send it back. The back of the receipt says "you have 30 days from
receipt to return it" and you have to call and get a return number. I
probably don't need your acct number but what credit card did you use to
order it (discover, mastercard, etc.) I may need to tell them
that information. I have the order number. I don't want to hurt
anyone's feelings but I really would like to have a thicker bracelet that I
can wear all the time and I think I will lopok and see if BJ's still has
the one I saw before the holidays. If you like you can send me a check
for whatever this other bracelet cost and it will still be my present
from you all. Love to all, Mom
please let me know the credit card."

Like WTF!

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• i would just tell her to return the old bracelet and do whatever she wants with the money. i certainly would not buy her another bracelet just because she didn't like the one i picked, especially if it costs more than the one i bought. she sounds kind of greedy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Do not give it to her wow selfish people suck.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Tell her to pay the freaking difference on the other bracelet if she doesnt like the one you sent her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry you should not give her another bracelet she should be gratefull she got anything at all sounds like my brother and his wife never grateful and always trying to get more and return the gifts we bought them. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's a really nice bracelet. The quality over quantity comes into effect in this situation...
    18K gold....vs some thicker, probably 12-14K gold bracelet.

She wants to credit this money back to my credit card and go buy what she wants, I understand if she doesn't like it...but wants me to send her a check for the bracelet she wants...I swear, the nerve of that woman.
    Not that I would, but sometimes, I just wanna bitch slap her. hahaha
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Id say
    Dear MIL,
    I am so sorry you did not like the gift we sent to you. Feel free to return the gift to BJ;s and use the store credit for something of your choosing there. We are not writing checks for anyone this year who did not like our gift. Next year we will be sending out gift cards so everyone can get what they like. No hard feelings.

Answer by gemgem at 6:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• hahaha, we didn't get it at BJ's, we got it at Kays.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL well then at Kays. I dont play games with mine. I use it against her when I can which sure sounds bad, but mine is an emotional manipulator. I just use what she says and turn it around on her, and if that doesnt work I cry, and my husband asks her why she made his wife cry.

Answer by gemgem at 6:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would tell her she could return it, and use the money from the bracelet to get herself whatever she wanted, but she had gotten her gift from you and she wouldn't be getting any more money to go with it. For every other holiday I would just get her a gift card and call it good - and not for anywhere near $350!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry ladies...it's 14K, not 18K

http://www.myjewelrybox.com/?section=item&itemID=5058

The exact one I bought. I'm thinking about emailing her and saying "I'll send you the money for this and I'll take that bracelet."
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011