TMI - 33 weeks pregnant and had some leakage today... should I be worried? adult content

No contractions and otherwise I feel fine... but I didn't have this last time with DD. I'm sure it wasn't pee. It ran down my leg a little... if my water is starting to break, even slowly, is there a risk for germs or something getting to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor right away and ask his suggestions. My water broke at 36 weeks, and mine leaked out slowly as well. I would call just to make sure
    bradyensmama

Answer by bradyensmama at 6:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Not to mention i'm only 33 weeks?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• if your water breaks and it gets to low then yes there wil be a chance of infection i would go to the doctor imediatly.. my doctor would onl;y let me stay in labor for 12 hours after my water broke because of risk of infections.. goodluck
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• even at 33 weeks.. i had both my kids at 34 ..
    momof241988

• Wow! Well that's reassuring that things would be ok if something happened tonight... but like I said, no contractions at all... just leaking. With DD I walked into the L&D dept. at 7 cm smiling going "HEYYY! I'm having a baby today!" They didn't believe me until they checked me. They had to break my water for me. I'm just concerned because I know every pregnancy can be different and I ended up having an emergency c-sect last time, (cord around neck after 8 hrs of pushing) and we're scheduled to have this one by c-sect on Feb. 15. That is, IF she doesn't decide to come sooner.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Call your dr asap, most drs like to deliver the baby within 24hrs of the water breaking for the fear of infection. Also its easier for the baby to cut off their oxygen suppy if they lay on the cord with low amniotic fluid. Hope everything turns out ok! Congrats!
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 6:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would call the o.b about it and have him to examine you..because you shouldnt be doing that at 33 weeks
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would call your doctor.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well ladies I went in today and it looks like we have no leakage. Strange because it was so watery.... looking forward to my new little girl in 6 weeks!!! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011