4mnth old wit cough and congestion....

ok well my daughter has a cough an congestion and shes had it for a couple of day now and wezzing in her chest like she has phlem and they gave her anitbiotics and they seem to kinda be helping her cough but not the plhem an i been doing the steam in the bathroom and i keep a humidafior on 24/7 is there anything i can do

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask the doctor what else they would recommend. There is nothing that you can use over the counter at this age, at least not without a doctor's OK, and the proper dose given by the doctor. Phlegm in the chest, or in the nose?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son has constantly had phlem in his chest and that's something you just have to let go away on its own. I just used to prop him up at night so he didn't choke on it. They don't really give out any meds for children until they're around two
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 6:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• its in her chest
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Have you tried a cool mist vaporizer my doctor had us use one when my son was that young. I just turned it on and off instead of running it constantly.
    posey1705

Answer by posey1705 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would also recommend elevating the head of his bed. That might help. Unfortunately, it probably just has to run it's course. If the wheezing continues, an additional medication may be needed. I would probably call the doctor tomorrow.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• yes i been useing the a cool mist vaporizer and her dr told me to leave it runnin 24/7 in wat ever room shes in i jus dnt want it to turn into anything bad
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011