What do i need to know about Elliptical machines?

I am shopping for an Elliptical machine & know nothing about them. What is a good brand? And what do i need to look for in picking out the right one? I want one that is smooth on my joints and knees.

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Precor and Proform are good names but what you should look for, I don't know. I'd call a local gym and ask them. They can run really pricey though so it will depend on your budget. Like a heavier one won't wobble if you're working out hard but cheaper ones do. I've read reviews that the slender ones are no good. I am looking at them too but I can't spend more than 500. I went to Sports Authority and tried a few to see. Also, Costco carries them and check craigslist to see about used ones that may be in good condition.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have no answers for you but I will be coming back to see what others have to say. I am currently trying to get a few pieces that I can have in my home for working out. I have a stationery bike and a treadmill, an elliptical would be great!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have the Life Fitness crosstrainer at home and I love it. There's a good review about it that answers all your questions here, hope it helps:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Life-Fitness-Crosstrainer---Strengths-and-Weaknesses&id=5523201
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 3:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Bump Hope you get more answers Im curious to I love Elipticals they give you a great work out!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't know the answer, but the elliptical is my favorite
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• idk, they look cool, but take up so much room.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I love ellipticals. Wish I had one at home!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011