should i say something or keep quiet??

well my uncle's wife has been searching for a job for a while now and she finally got one. she has a 2 year old who doesn't talk very much for her age and she is leaving her with a lady she just barely met at the unemployment office and no one has any idea who she is. i might be harsh in my thinking but what the hell is wrong with her? how could she leave her kid with a complete stranger when her child can barely talk and she watches her for 8 hours straight without checking on her? should i tell her she's being an idiot or just wait and hope nothing bad happens to my baby cousin?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 6:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• You can say something but I doubt it will make a difference
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Id offer to babysit for free and tell her your concerns and why you want to.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Maybe you should persuade her to check and make sure that the individual she is entrusting her child to is a good match for the job. You never can be too sure and it shows that she really cares for the well being of the child as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Def encourage her to check out the new babysitter. Get references, run a criminal records check, employment history, even a credit check! If she won't do it, maybe you should. Neither of you would ever forgive yourselves if something happens to that precious child.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 7:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• tell he that she is being an idiot and find some time to spend with the 2 year old if you can just to tell her that she is loved.
    poorrosie

Answer by poorrosie at 8:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i would call the cops on her. that is just so irrespocible of her to do....does he even care??? seem not
    bronxbaby000

Answer by bronxbaby000 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would not leave my child with a complete stranger. That is nuts.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't call the cops on her. bronxbaby000, I think that's going too far.

To the OP-- can she afford child care right now? Are you willing to help her out? Is anyone else willing and able to help her YOU do? Maybe if you helped her instead of telling her she's a moron, she might be able to do something different with her child care.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I work full time and i pay my mother to watch my son, i wouldn't trust anyone else to. my uncle and his wife both work now and they can surely afford to send her to a respectable daycare but she has decided on this person. i don't really know my uncle's wife that much because he just married her about a year ago and she is 20 years younger than him. i guess my uncle was a little suspicious because she texts this "babysitter" all the time when she's not working. idk. i just think she's naive and doesn't think of the child first.
    Bugzmomma

Comment by Bugzmomma (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011