Cradle Swing vs Regular Swing?

I am having a hard time deciding on whether to register for/buy the Fisher Price cradle swing or the regular Graco lovin' hug/silhouette swing. I really want the cradle swing, but am not sure it is worth the extra money ($50). Can anyone offer advice on the swings? I know they won't use it for very long, but know it will be a lifesaver. Also, what about travel swings?

SassyJulie

Asked by SassyJulie at 12:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the cradle swings are awesome, and more comfortable for new babies, but frow out of it about 5 mon or so. I have a reg and a travel swing. My babies have used the regular swing up until about 6 or 7 months. and the travel swing about the same. If your baby is very needy of being held and rocked; and you plan on going alot of places get a travel swing. i have twins and having two sings is a life saver. Taking at least one to grandma's house is very important
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Cradle swings are awsome!!
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have a silhoutte swing and my daughter loves it when she gets super fussy and I can't take it I put her in her swing and she quites down right away. Both I think would be good the choice is up too you I've heard good things about the cradle swing.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thanks so much for your responses! :-)
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 1:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My daughter napped in her swing every day until she was almost 7 months old. We loved the cradle swing for this reason. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had a regular swing from Graco and my daughter loved it. THey also have one from fisher price that you can twist so it'll swing from side to side and front to back.
    Anonymous

• I have the One from walmart that is both.... Its so worth it... My son is really picky one time he wants it cradle the next regualar... most of the ones at Walmart r both.... Check it out!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If I had to do it over, I'd get a swing that can swing the baby back and forth as well as side to side. I only had a simple back and forth swing and my baby HATED it. I don't know if she would have liked the side to side motion but I wish I had the option to try. She has reflux and colic and any relief from the near constant screaming would have been worth it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have the swing that you can twist so that it goes front to back and side to side. I haven't had a chance to use it yet as my baby boy is still 6 weeks from his due date, but from what I can tell, it looks awesome! It's the fisher price rainforest open top cradle swing. I got it at walmart. It also folds up and is pretty light so that I can move it from room to room in my house. Good luck!
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 3:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• THANK YOU for the tips on shopping for the cradle swings at Wally World! :-) Such a price difference!!! Appreciate all of your responses. Best wishes to you all!
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008