Picky Eater Question!!!

Ok, I had originally written off the picky eating to "she is 2", and the fact that I was a VERY picky eater when I was her age. My 23 month old will only consistently eat fruit. She is not sick, and always drinks plenty of milk (3 sippy cups per day) plus juice and water, but she rarely eats a substantial meal! Should this be concerning or is this typical for children at this age. She would eat her weight in junk if I let her, but turns up her nose to vegetables and meats other than hotdog which she will not eat much of lately. She drinks a minumum of 18 oz of milk, but usually about 27 (give or take a couple oz). Am I filling her up on milk and that is the problem???????? All my friends say their 2 year olds are the same way at times, and you should not try to force them to eat....ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

Daisyj22

Asked by Daisyj22 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my youngest it picky and always was.He is 12 now.Don't force her to eat.My mother did that to me and it didn't work.All it did was make her mad and me cry alot.I tell him he can't eat junk food if he doesn't eat dinner.2 hours after dinner he is starving.I give him a choice between two foods that are semi healthy.Like an apple or a grill cheese.It works for us.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son is 26 months and he is pretty picky too. Recently he will surprise me and eat something new. I try to give him a variety and see what he will nibble at. He loves apples but doesn't really touch veggies. I buy the juice that has the veggies mixed in. He drinks them. His doctor says not to worry about the picky eating but of course I still worry.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011