Anybody have gout?? How do they treat it??

I was diagnosed with this and my uric acid levels are high. My feet seem to be affected. I give my foot a foot spa a few times a week, a foot soak and a lavender foot mask (both Avon) and my feet feel so much better afterwards. AVon has a overnight foot cream also that I have and I put that on under a nice pair of comfy socks. New year and want to live this year with less pain. Anyone have gout and what kinds of ways do you relieve the pain and treat it??

Oncloud8

Asked by Oncloud8 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• My BIL has gout. This is the website he refers people to all the time:

http://www.gout.com/causes-triggers.aspx?sourcecode=GSCRMKWGOOG000171&gclid=CIr8pKWfn6YCFa1d7AodkHJgng

Did they start you on medication, like allupurinol? The foot baths will help. Keeping the joints moving is key too.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No medications, as of yet.
    Oncloud8

Comment by Oncloud8 (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my dad has it and he takes medicine to control it.. He also adds a carb to whatever he is eating. HE eats lots of meat and would only eat meat but now that has changed and it seemed to help along with the medicne he hasn't had any problems with his feet in over 6 years
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My dad suffers from recurring bouts of it - nothing bad enough to require medications at this point. When he feels it coming on, he starts drinkiing 100% cherry juice - at one point he bought a can of cherries in juice and that helped, but now he's got more & better options available. He was also told to stop drinking alcohol, especially beer - didn't, but does notice that if he drinks more he's more likely to get a recurrence.
    Anonymous