how can i make my son to go to sleep in his crib or when can i put him in a toodler bed??

my son is 16 months old. he need to sleep in bed, then when he is asleep i'll put him in the crib and his is good!! but if he is awake and a put him in the crib he will cry, and cry and cry!! and i dont know when i should put him in a toddler bed!?? please help is my first kid and i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my DD in a toddler bed about a week after her 1st B-day and never looked back. If you think he's ready then he probably is. Good luck.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I let my son fall to sleep in my arms ten when he is out I tranfer him to his bed put a chair or uses a rocking chair in his room so it is eaiser or you can put some toys in his crib he will play until he gets tired
    babylove759

Answer by babylove759 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I switched my son over to a toddler bed when he was about 15 months old and it has been a life saver. He can now get out of bed to play if he wants and when he is ready to finally fall asleep he can get back into bed by himself and go to sleep. So now we no longer have the daily naptime and nightly bedtime battles about going to sleep.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• when my kids started walking i put them in regular beds. i just never felt like a toddler bed was worth the money, so i just bought regular sized furniture for their rooms. i tried to make sure they were good and tired before i ever put them in the bed, so they would just fall asleep. i know alot of moms have problems with this bedtime stuff, but for some reason, mine were always just really good sleepers. our daily routines probably just wore them slam out.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 5:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I never hold mine to sleep I just put him in his crib and he'll play in there a bit n sometimes cry but if everything is ok i'll let him cry and he'll realize i'm not goin to take him out so he just goes to sleep. He has a toddler bed but i don't let him sleep in that yet cause he crawls in his sleep. so i don't want him to crawl over the edge.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008