Is it emotional abuse, laziness, or just okay.

I must say for a mother to take her ex to court saying that it will be an emotional trauma for a 2 year 9 month old toddler to stop breastfeeding in order to go on a Christmas vacation with the Father and his life, in other words she tried to get her lawyer to dismiss the visitation with father and his rights having his child vs. Moms needed attachment to breastfeed still. it was a surprise, the toddler went NO PROBLEM. Without mom and NO NEED, concern or asked for boobies. But as soon as he went home after all the drama she stirred up before he left for a week with dad. She immediately put him back on the Tit to put him to nap when they got home. Sad, sad, sad. IMO, I feel it's emotional abuse, and laziness. Since after all she didn't see her kids for a week, cried and fight to prevent it, yet went straight on the computer to socialize the rest of the day like any other day and didn't care to feed the child like usual, but breastfeed him to nap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• That'sTwisted IMO
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it's none of my business. I wouldn't say it's laziness or abuse. But, I would say that it sounds like the mom just wants her way regardless of anything else. Sounds more about control.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why is it that a mother has the right to breastfeed but when she is not with the father of the child, she looses that right and if she wants to breastfeed, it's about keeping the father away from the child?
    Anonymous

• yes, Jademom07 I know you may feel it's none of your business. That is why it's in a debate. It is stating your opinion on the mattered subject. A lot of things in this world that goes on is none of our business. However. Thanks for your post anyways. I do agree it seems Like a controlling factor that no matter what anyone thinks or feel, says or do. It's her life, her child, her best way of being a parent. Especially since she is set on breastfeeding till he is 5 years old. Regardless if he is weaned, or has no real beneficial need for it besides I guess, comfort. I wouldn't be surprised that's the only real attention he feels he gets from mom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree with anon, why is it that a woman has the right to breastfeed until she is not with the father of her child and all the sudden, that's not her right anymore?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• MY question is WHY does she have to breast feed her child ? He is growing up and no longer an nfant. If she is seriously planning to breastfeed until he is 5, she is attached to him and doing it for herself, not her kid. It is not as if she has no other way to feed him , as it is in underdeveloped , famine-ridden countries where mothers only have breasts for nourishment. This is the USA.....I mean, I see no reason for this at all.
    ANd the visitation issue shows she s controlling to an extent that is not healthy. Wow.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Unless the father is abusive, the child has a right to be with him. Mommy needs to invest in a breastpump, or wean. She also needs to get some therapy because she sounds like a control freak with major attachment issues.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• A child of almost 3 years shou;ld be getting the bulk of her nutrition via food, not milk. With proper planning, this mother could have pumped and froze enough milk or meet this child's needs while she vacationed with her father. MBM at 3 years of age should be to satiate thirst and NOT provide the bulk of calories or nutrients. I call BS on this mother-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That seems crazy to me anyway just for an almost 3 year old to still be on the boob. She sounds like some sort of control freak that feels like she has power over everything. It is very sad.
    sarabur420

Answer by sarabur420 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I need the whole story before I state my opinion...is there a link to it?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011