why am i so huge for as far as long as i am in pregnancy?

im 25 weeks pregnant and every person i see that is 6 months is way smaller than me, ive met two people that were as big as i was that were 6 months but they had twins, i only have one. It was like this with my first pregnancy too and i hated it cuz every body kept calling me fat and asking if i was having twins. It gets me annoyed when people do that. and now they are starting to do that to me with this pregnancy, i dont eat alot of junk foodbad i tried to watch what i eat and i try to exercise more witht this pregnancy but im still huge. I just dont understand why im getting so huge, maybe im cursed.

hello_kitty1

Asked by hello_kitty1 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 25 weeks and looked like I was carrying twins when I was pregnant with my son. I had people always ask when "they" were due. I had to keep saying it was one baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was always asked with all mine if I was having twins from very early on. There is nothing you can do. It all has to due with where you uterus is and baby. Enjoy that you get to look pregnant and get good use out of maternity cloths.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• At least people can tell your pregnant! I'm sooo sick of hearing that they don't believe I have anything in there.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 7:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• with each additional pregnancy you begin to show faster, and may aprea bigger due to stretching of the uterus. it can also depend on the size of the baby. they can only guess by using ultrasounds..but i was super big my 2nd pregnancy and he turned out to be almost 10 lbs! and almost 23 inches long...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• maybe its just how you carry. my uterus is tilted and i barely show until late. of course i retained tons of water so i was incredibly swollen and looked fat.but even the doctors were shocked by my 9 lb boy!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• thanks everyone for ur answers, and i wish i had the problem where people couldnt tell if i was pregnant , at least u wont have to worry about losing weight after wards.
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was the same way. EVERYONE kept telling me my son was twins, which is obviously wasn't. It was so annoying..
    cinderellac1

Answer by cinderellac1 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was enormous with my 1st pregnancy. I started showing I think the day of conception. In fact, me not fitting into clothes was what led me to take a pregnancy test. I was super skinny before pregnancy and the dr said that ws why I gained weight so fast. Also, I had a boy and apparently from what doctors say, boys cause you to eat more because they require more calories to grow. I gained 52 lbs with that pregnancy. Everyone commented on how huge I was and asked if it was twins. What sucked was after I had the baby I still looked big and was getting asked if I was pregnant for quite awhile. When I got pregnant the second time, I was back into my pre-pregnancy clothes and I had a girl. I gained 38 lbs and I still looked big, but no one said the whole twins thing or anything. I'm petite too and I think that plays a factor in how big you look. Don't take what ppl say personally when you're pregnant and a new mom too, ppl are dumb
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Everyone carries babies differently... I look like Ive just gained a little weight :( You cant tell Im pregnant in most things I wear... I don't like that. I am proud of my baby, and wanna show off my belly.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011