do you ever feel this way?

I'd give just about anything to have a nonjudgemental friend to talk to these days. I have no one to talk to and I feel like I live a lie. Outside I am one way and inside nobody knows the sadness I sometimes feel. I appear so strong and put together and as I am talking to people I tend to wonder if they can see inside me and how embarrassed I'd feel if they did. I am ashamed that I continue to love and give up so much of myself to someone who can so easily disregard me and tear my heart in pieces. And I let it go on every time and I don't know why. I feel too old to make friends. I just feel alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been where you are!! I know the feelings of not being able to escape the reality of things and having to put on a face of strength despite the fact that you feel empty. Be encouraged though and know that there is hope!! You are a beautiful person with much to offer the world!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 11:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I used to until I found my BFF...He is now my fiancee and I can tell him anything without worrying about him feeling different about me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have so been there! people would never know what was really inside me because i put on such a persona of strength. Inside I was dying and felt there was no one to relate to. you must work on finding a balance. I know talking to a therapist is so cliche but it changed who I am forever! It taught me to draw boundaries with others and not to disregard myself. It taught me to take control of myself more. you know an outsider like a therapist is a non judgemental stranger and it could be the best medicine for your soul and your health. living the way you are is not healthy for you. You deserve happiness and peace within yourself. I would really consider taking the advice of others on this one! you only really do live once. Take the steps to make your life as happy as possible. You will never regret your decision. Yes living like you are creates depression and its a god awful place to be. i pray for you.
    gracioustouch

Answer by gracioustouch at 11:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• remember one thing also. U r never to old to make good positive changes in your life. It's a new year and take advantage of creating something new for yourself. life is a journey and don't let age stop you from trying different roads!!
    gracioustouch

Answer by gracioustouch at 11:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I feel like that alot....
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• (((HUGS))) Its hard sometimes but maybe you can find friends with interests like you, you deserve better just believe it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It sounds like you may be depressed. I think you should talk to a professional to be sure. Good luck sweetie, i'll send you some positive energy. :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• hey you are not alone sometimes I feel the same way you are just a person with so much love to give that it overflows and it hurts. But dont be embarrased because there are 50 other people that feels the same . you definately are not alone so just talk because it helps or cry it relises a lot of pent up stuff love kathy.
    poorrosie

Answer by poorrosie at 8:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I used to feel that way a lot but then I went to a therapist and am on medication(antidepressant). I still sometimes feel that way( like right now) And I know I need to have my meds changed. And there is no reason you should feel embarrased there are alot of people going through the same thing. I was afraid to go see the therapsit because I thought something was wrong with me and I was the only one and then after I saw her I felt much better and realized it's ok to feel that way and I did I good thing by getting some help. You will feel better when/if you get some help.
    allboyz03

Answer by allboyz03 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• group hugyou are not alone-  Luckily we have these forums-  did not have them when my kids were younger and I had a ton of questions.  be thankfull it is here now.

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011