S/O of RFID question

So here is the proof RFIDs will be used. I have not heard of the method they plan to get them implanted and truthfully don't see Americans lined up to get their "chip". What is NOT clear is what they will end up using this chip for. It clearly states several different uses "and any other data"deemed appropriate by the Secretary"
Your thoughts?

Sec. 2521, P. 1000 – The govt. will establish a National Medical Device Registry. H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1001-1008:
(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that— ‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; ‘‘(B) and is— ‘‘(I) a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.”
Page 104 defines data in paragraph 1
Section B National Medical Device Registry from H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1001-1008:
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance...
Approved by the FDA, a class II implantable device is an “implantable radio frequency transponder system for patient identification and health information.” The purpose of a class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as “claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary.”
Pages 1001-1008 “National Medical Device Registry” section.
Page 1006 “to be enacted within 36 months upon passage”
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationa...
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/111/AAHCA09001xml.pdf

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't read the other thread but isn't a class ii device one of those things they put in your heart that send a message to your dr. when something goes wrong?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Fuck that. There's my thought. Hopefully this shit gets repealed before it stands a chance. That's way too much power for any one entity.

Obviously I feel a little passionate about it. :D

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• a class II implantable device is an “implantable radio frequency transponder system for patient identification and health information.” The purpose of a class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as “claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary.”
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I posted the final version of HR 3590, where this text appears on page 1014 (in that other thread). It's enough to make you go "hmmmmm..."

RFID info (10 page summary)

HR 3590 Complete (see page 1013)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That's messed up. This is only one thing in the multitude of things I dislike about this sham of a bill.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• so a class ii implamentable device is the kind that is put in a pace-maker or insulin pump, the government just wants the data, a long with your insurance company.

Are we up in arms about health insurance companies collecting this information too? 'Cause for me it doesn't matter whether it's being collected by big pharma or big brother, either way it's not being collected to benefit me.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree with QuinnMae. Anyone else still wonder why it was passed so quickly?? I've never seen legislation fly through so fast! And we told him we didn't want it..but of course, he knows better than us. I'm just waiting for the day he does something impeachable.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 9:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• WE didn't tell him WE didn't want it.

Some people wanted it, some people didn't. Don't forget about those who thought that universal health care was in order, and perhaps, still do.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 'Cause for me it doesn't matter whether it's being collected by big pharma or big brother, either way it's not being collected to benefit me.

***
    So the whole idea of a little device being IMPLANTED in you for the purpose of obtaining information about you, doesn;t creep you out in the slightest?! WHEN has the government actually done ONLY what they SAY they are going to do?! Once the chip is embedded it can be electronically configured to store/retrieve ANY kind of data!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am also willing to bet they can be set with a self-destruct as well. I think this is beyond creepy..hang on while I go get some foil....

I don't care what they PLAN to use it for or what they ACTUALLY use it for...I think my family will pass. Our dog is chipped..that's enough for one family.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011