What could this all sum up to ?

okay today i am 34 weeks i got checked by my doc and he told me today i was 50% thinned and 2 centimeters dilated which made me excited but then again im only 34 weeks he said that i could still make it to my due date Feb 14
i just want to know what ya'll think i keep getting crampy, period in my abdomen and crampy feelings in my his down to my legs they said to count if i have contractions but there just on going nonstop so i really cant count anything to help me out....im over excited about it all this is my first pregnancy =) anything you would like to share as in your experience or if you would like to estimate when i have this baby any advice i would love to hear

katally77

Asked by katally77 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You need to see if they are regular and by that they mean like every 10 minutes or every 5 minutes and if they are consistently so also pretty much tells you that you are in labor. By contractions they mean like a charlie horse on any one side of your belly, like almost a knot of muscles cramping and then releasing and smoothing out, this is the closes I can describe a contraction. Every time this happens, you dialate a bit, slowly reaching your 10 centimeters. Your doctor might be right saying you might make it to your due date, but it won't be long now>>>>> wishing you the best of births and a one of a lifetime experience, good luck, it is really exciting!!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• trust your instincts and you will know when its time. its a game of hurry up and wait but try to occupy your time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just went through that on new years, they told me it was him getting ready. However, after he gets ready and in position it could still be a few more weeks.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• thanks for all ur answers god bless all of you !
    katally77

Comment by katally77 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011