How do i get my 2y/o son and 3y/o daughter to stop fighting?

they are constantly going after each other for random things like you looked at me with a funny face or you have my train. they are always hitting scratching and biteing. I have tried the naughty spot, spanking every time blood gets drawn, i have tried talking to them to try and get them to understand that what they have done is naughty. i feel like i have failed my kids. they just dont listen to anything. I need some help.

mamaslove4ever

Asked by mamaslove4ever at 8:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My bro and I used to do that ALL the time! We got violent at times drew blood ect. For awhile our mom did the same things u do. We would stop, then my bro would give me a dirty look and we get fighting like cats and dogs. Well as hard this will be for u, ignore them, unless they really do harm, like it wil take more then a band aid to fix. Try observing them without them knowing if u can and see who starts the fights first the most. My daughter is 2 so I know at this age they kinda know whats right or wrong sometimes. Bro and I would even start something to get one of us in more trouble, so mom would look at us and say "tough, work it out" and we would look at each other like the wind in our sails just deflated cause we didn't get a rise out of mom. Or if we fight over a toy, take it away. Don't make a contest to see if one of them can be better then the other, that to will start blood shedding. They will out grow it, we did
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm STILL trying to figure this out! Mine are 15, 13 and 4! My best advice is to try rewards. They are really young, so for now it should be a daily reward. "if you play nicely all day you can have icecream after dinner or a $1 store toy" once they are older try putting a star for every fight free day and once they get so many stars they get a treat such as a movie or amusement park trip.
    cincymom23

Answer by cincymom23 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can't! LOL, my brothers and I , all 2 yrs apart, fought like cats and dogs until we were in our twenties
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 8:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When you figure this out there a lot of people who would like to know. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• yeah... let me know when you figure it out!! They go through phases some rougher than others. Good luck at finding your peace!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 6:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011