how to begin teaching her to use the potty?

my dd is 2 next month. how did you begin the process of teaching ur LO to use the potty? tips advice etc are welcomed... thanks! :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her go in with u, talk to her about going while u are going and about wiping,,then ask herif she has to go pee..sit her on it..if she goes,make a big deal,jump up and down and say yay!! pick out a toiliet seat(kids) that goes right over the big toiliet..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have apotty seat already, she shows all the signs and has went on it before, then stopped....she seems like she wont do it when i want or ask her to. one time she was running naked and sat on her little potty like she wanted to go ( all on her own) i realized she was half on the seat half off and scooted her back, she FLIPPED out and wouldnt sit back down and peed in her panties after....

ahh
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just sat my son on the potty chair as I ran his bath at night. Sometimes I would ask at diaper changes if he wanted to sit on it. He eventually accidentally went in it. I made a huge deal and told people that came over for the next couple days. It was a few months before he was really using it frequently. I let him go at his own pace. He was only 23 months the first time so I didn't push it.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011